|Posted by Eamon Kelly on July 14, 2010 at 7:50 PM|
Sorry that it's been so long, but I have gotten some things done with my code. The issue with updating about the code is that a lot of the time I spend on it is error-checking, and ultimately the work done is figuring out a robust format, something that doesn't show in graphs. Despite this, what I have now is a first drop and a hump, and the plan is to use this to figure out functions that find velocity, force felt by passengers, and force felt by track. After that, I will go into banking and turns, and then I will graph the running rails and spine, with hopes of being able to take those data sets into 3D models through programming.
I have figured out a velocity function that incoporates a drag factor, something that needs to be figured out later when a train is designed.
This is my test layout. The radii are set values, so consequently the g-force felt by passengers may go beyond comfortable limits. This will later be fixed by dictating the g-force and finding the radii that creates those forces. Right now I am still figuring how to do this.
Below is the velocity vs. time graph. To clarify, the first 3 segments are dictated and not solved for, i.e. I said it moves x speed then increases to the chain speed (also dictated), but once released from the chain gravity and friction take over.
Categories: Roller Coaster Design Project